Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alot of Second Hand Smoke?

First off, I'm dealing with two problems. ONE, my mom smokes about 3-4 packs of cigs a day. Being that they are not only harmful to her, and others such as me and my family, they cost about $5 with tax and such. That's about $6,387 a year, and she's never caught without a cig. With that, I need a way of comprising with her to ease off, but she seems to get frustrated when ever I mention anything negative about cigarettes. Not quit entirely because my grandma did that and she literally died ( Don't worry, she's still alive). Also, I have a really deep, loud, and raspy wheeze if I exhale deeply. I want to know if that's going to be permanent, and if it is, what can be done? She likes to pull the "Oh, well your dad had asthma, so do you." But he also smoked, but unlike her, he quit. I haven't been told by any of my doctors that its asthma, but then again I don't think they notice. I just hate it because it seems like its getting harder to breathe deeper, as she smokes in the house. I know this because I play tuba, and am going out for football. Both of which demand alot of air. By the way, I'm only 14. Thanks in advance, and sorry for the run on sentences!

No comments:

Post a Comment