Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pregnancy or PCOS? ? ?

Okay, so I'm always on time for my period. January was a completely normal period for me (timing and flow). In Feb. my period was on time but it was brown spotting with a little bit of blood and little to no clots from what I remember. During January and February I was sexually active and used a condom all but 2 times (pull-out method, yes i know it doesn't work) March period was about a week late (I had been stressing) and was just brown spotting and very little red blood, no clots at all. April and May was on time but was just like March in relation to the flow. I've been on time, just gone from a normal flow to brown spotting. I've taken who knows how many pregnancy tests because a co-worker of mine spotted like I am when she was prego so it kinda freaked me out. My cousin's prego also and she said that it wasn't that uncommon to spot brown in early pregnancy. I talked to my aunt about it and she said that PCOS runs in the family so it could just be PCOS but idk about that. I don't have hardly any of the symptoms of PCOS like my other family members do, no dark patches of skin anywhere on my body, no ultra hard periods, and besides feb-present, never an irregular period. My skin has always had breakouts and been oily since I hit puberty so that's nothing new to me, actually, my skin's gotten clearer as I've gotten older. I'm 19 and do work but I don't have insurance or the money to go to an OB-GYN to get everything inside me checked out to see what's going on with me. I've felt a little on and off nausea a few times, I had stayed up later than usual and I had an empty stomach and all of a sudden I just got this sick feeling that was gone by the time I woke up. Another time made me want to gag/throw up every 45 minutes or so, went out to eat later that night and a steak some people beside me ordered smelt like fish to me and made me want to hurl (which is weird because I love fish, I've lost all interest to eat fish lately. my mom's boyfriend makes a shimp and tuna dish I used to love but now I'm dreading the thought of having it tomorrow). I'm a smoker so I went outside to get away from the steak stench and as soon as i lit up my cig I almost heaved over the railing outside. I've had kind of a dull cramping on the right side of my pelvic area where I would think your ovary would be, kinda like someone was wrapping their finger around my tube and slightly pulling on it. An on and off dull backache, kinda like what you'd start off getting before you start your period but i'm not due to start for another 2 1/2 weeks or so. No other weird things going on other than those listed above.I was just wanting to know anyone's feedback on this matter or if they've gone through something similar to this before. I've gained about 5 lbs but i'm on the chubby side and I fluctuate in weight anyways so that's nothing new for me. If anyone does know anything more about PCOS would you please comment and let me know if it would suddenly change my period like this??? or would it gradually change it?

No comments:

Post a Comment